Hello you. I hope your day is/has going/been great.
Well, thanksgiving is tomorrow and what has been said, has already been said by many, and you’ve heard it all. SOOOOO go love on your family and/or friends. Eat some birds and gut some potatoes. Oh, and watch some Football….or don’t.
Tomorrow is also the day that I take down my beard. 😥 ALL will be documented. Pics and maybe a video. This photo will tell you my true feelings for beards, so don’t fret beard lovers.
I really do love beards and it will be resurrected again. This I vow to you.
I really do vow that, TAKE IT TO THE BANK!
But….a list of things I WON’T miss about a beard are
- Getting things stuck in it (my record was 5 crayons)
- combing it
- trimming it
- looking like a hobo
- beard dandruff
- getting it stuck in things
- AND……well, thats it.
People have been doing these stupid 30 things lists. They’re dumb. Why don’t you ask them that stuff in person. But…………….ugh…………today I was at work for 3 hours with nothing really to do………..so I made one. gag. AND I honestly only made it like halfway before I seriously ran out of material about myself. I told you I couldn’t do one of these things. Anyway….
- I was going to be named Russell James Peterson the III, but this did not happen. I did not let it.
- I hate doing 30 things lists. “Gee Eric…why are you doing it then?” Because I have 3 hours until a meeting at my internship Billy. That’s why.
- I’m convinced that 30 random things about a person is something you should be asking the person…in person.
- I like movies, but that’s no secret. I can easily watch five in a row. My favorite is the classic, Jurassic Park. Followed closely by the entire six Star Wars.
- I was teased in elementary school, junior high and a little of high school for my red hair. In high school, it was more for my faith.
- My favorite color is red. Although I like black a lot. No I didn’t have an emo phase.
- I played soccer, racquet ball, baseball, football, tennis and basketball as a kid.
- The outdoors are my playground. It’s just easier to sum it up that way.
- I used to be very open about how bad alcohol and smoking were. Now, I understand that it isn’t the alcohol that’s the problem, but the stupid decisions people make with it. On average, I have a beer two or three times a month. And I smoke a pipe once or twice every couple months, but have never smoked a cigarette. Cigars, many times.
- I love working with kids. I plan to do this for a living, but we will see where God takes me.
- Oh yeah, I am a non denominational Christian, that works at my church, TheEdge (edgeaurora.com)
- I love traveling and seeing as much of God’s handiwork as I can. As I stated before, I love nature, so anytime I can get out and experience something new, I’m down for it. New Zealand was by far the best so far. Colorado, close second.
- I love my family. My sister Nicole and her husband are the greatest. My sister Robyn and her boyfriend Noel, couldn’t be better. My parents Russ and Sharon are a gift. I couldn’t be blessed more.
- I like to play video games, but was never given a console as a kid.
- I write.
- I have a like/loath relationship with facebook. That’s 20% like, 60% loath. Twenty percent of the time, I just don’t care.
- I have never had a girlfriend, but this does not mean I don’t know anything about women. I have marriage counselors for parents and two sisters with very healthy relationships. I actually talk to my sisters and living with both of them for 19 years has told me a lot too. Yes…there is still much to know, but I don’t feel they need to be treated like a Rubik’s cube, just talk to them.
- This thing is about as hard as I thought it was going to be.
- When I was a kid, I smashed a neighbors kid’s pinky finger with a brick. To this day, I have no idea why I did it.
- When I was a kid, I almost died because I told the lifeguard I could swim, thinking “doggie paddle” was swimming. My father saved my life.
- When I was a kid, I widdled sticks into knives and a little girl ran home and told her mom that I was “wielding and waving” a knife. I never got another babysitting job again.
- When I was a kid, I sprained my arm jumping on a bed, falling off, and landing on some play blocks. My arm was in a sling. I was in Kindergarden.
- When I was a kid, my mom asked me for the gardening rake. I threw it to her. It hit her in the head. She was bleeding horribly all over the place. I had to call my dad to call the ambulance. She got 40 stitches. I was in Kindergarden.
- When I was a kid, I loved to spy. I would play spy and buy all the coolest gadgets. Motion detectors, laser sensors, spy glasses, the works. Me and my buds would spy on the neighborhood kids and map out the neighborhood. We would use walkie talkies and had bases of operations. We would even have spying games, where one would go hide in the giant neighborhood, and the others would try to find him. We had sectors and code words and briefcases. We were awesome.
- When I was a kid, I wasted hundreds of dollars on playing cards. You name it, we played it.
- When I was a kid, me and my friends all had the great idea to make wooden swords and shields. We made spears. We made daggers, long shields, wheat thatchers, and other weapons. We painted them and made them epic. Then….we had a giant battle with 15 kids around a house…every man for his own. Back yard and front yard. If you hit a limb, that limb was gone. We fought bravely and valiantly. I favored the Medieval Shield and sword. To this day, it was the coolest thing we ever did.
- When I was a kid, we my friends and I made Boxcar racers. We brought our finished products to the top of a hill and raced them down the hill. Only problem was…there were cars parked on the sides of the road. One of my friends was roller blading next to my car and messed up the steering mechanism by accident. I lost control and drove right into a car that I later found out was bought just yesterday. My dad had to come and talk to the man. I got so chewed out by the guy. It was a bad day.
- When I was a kid, my friends and I used to jump on our bikes and just ride for miles. We lived in a suburb, so we usually stuck to our neck of the woods. A few times, we would deviate from our normal paths and explore the unknown. It was the closest I felt to an explorer. It was an amazing feeling.
- When I was 15, my dad let me take the car on a very powdery, slick, snow day and take the car to the catholic church parking lot. He told me to drive around the parking lot and get used to the snow. He told me to make sure that I was careful and to use good judgement. It was the most fun I’d ever had in a car to this day. I still don’t know why he trusted me so much on that day.
- I am a very good listener and always have been since I was in junior high. I’m not that person that listens to what you say and then proceeds to tell their own story immediately after you tell yours. Thats not good listening.
Person #1“So my father begins to use the ladder and couldn’t keep it from falling, so that’s why we have always used a rope when working on the roof”
Person#2 “Yeah, my story is so much more important than yours, so I’m gonna ignore everything you just said and just jump into my own little amazing anecdote.”
This drives me crazy. A good listener will forgo the urge to talk about yourself and expand on what the other person is talking about. Base the next point of conversation off of what they last said. If you don’t, it’s selfishness, and it’s saying, “I don’t really care about anything coming out of your unrelenting, massive, gaping, word-hole.”
Well, there you go. 30 stupid things about myself that you probably would have found out if you actually talked to me, ha. Love you all. And Godbless your Holiday this week. Peace.